• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oregon Oct 20th birding (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
Still have one more day of my three day birding trip but wow....loved my time on the coast of Oregon from Tillamook down to Newport area...beautiful, always love being here. Lots of excellent pelagic birds seen from Boiler Point...also the same from Newport Bay down to Seal Rock....inland to Michael Miller Environmental park....Saw a beaut of a Perigrine Falcon up above the bluff overlooking Three Arches...

One of my favorites had to be viewing Gulls swallowing entire star fishes in Newport Bay. Also, my first sighting of a Harlequin Duck believe it or not..have seem them in aviaries etc...but not 'a la natural'...so fun to see a pair of them, also in Newport Harbor.

Lots of wren tits up and down the coast too....you see em if you wait long enough but you sure hear them....

The other cool finds were of a Cassin's and a Rhino Auklet...

All in all....a great time of it. I would like to take the Pelagic Tour and thought of it this time but backed out at the last minute...I heard it was kind of 'boring'''...so glad I didn't go but next summer, june or july...I am in! ...

jim

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back