• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

General Scope Question (1 Viewer)

birdman said:
My new ED78 has arrived, and I'm now desparately trying to arrange my calendar to give it its first airing.

In the meantime I have a more immediate problem.

Where do I put it?

Most rooms or items of furniture don't come with built in scope storage.

Any suggestions?

Hi Birdman,
My birding outfit (FSIII on shoulder pod + 8 x 32 SE in their case) lives in a small (20litre) rucksack which, when not in the back of the car, fits very neatly in the kneehole of the dressing table, alongside the camera bag, all ready to be grabbed, but out of harms way.

The sack is one of those with a flap top (instead of a zip) and still has room for sarnies and a can of Bass in each side pocket, for which they were clearly designed - perfect fit. :)

birdman said:
My new ED78 has arrived, and I'm now desparately trying to arrange my calendar to give it its first airing.

In the meantime I have a more immediate problem.

Where do I put it?

Most rooms or items of furniture don't come with built in scope storage.

Any suggestions?

Mines in the dining room, trained on the feeders, although there is little to see at the moment.

My scope live on the tripod at all times - and when not in use stand in the dining room along with my birding bag (which as both mine and my wifes bins, travel scope, shoulder pod and copy of Collins in) and my camera bag (slr, cp4500, hide clamp, spare film and cf cards) all ready to go when needed..... sure it takes up a bit of space in eth room - but the valuable seconds saved in not having sort things out when I want to head off, are well worth it.

We have a large wicker trunk that stores scope, tripods, monopod, hide clamp and my camera in the backpack and this resides in the bedroom. It looks like a linen or clothes storage box so doesn't look out of place.

It was part of a set of three, in which the smallest fits inside the medium-sized one, and that one fits inside the largest one, should you have nothing to store in them. From B&Q - can't remember how much. One of the other two has various bits and bobs in it and the third one takes the recycling stuff before going to the recycling point. Very useful.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back