• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Possible New RSPB Reserve In North East England (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

After enquiring about the lack of RSPB reserves in Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and County Durham in North East England to the RSPB. I have heard there could be a new fairly large RSPB reserve that could be happening in this region possibly Northumberland. But the RSPB could say no more at present. I'm hoping there might be an announcement in the near future and i wonder where it could be. I've always been hoping there might be some big RSPB reserve up in Northumberland appart from Coquet Island since joining the RSPB back in 1973. Here's hoping!
Ian.

This would be great news Ian, I certainly keep my ear open. I often drive past widdrington in Northumberland which has a series of lakes, hills and woodland that have be reclaimed from an old opencast mine. In my eyes it's always been crying out to be a new up and coming reserve that could really evolve with the right care.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back