• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many feeders per tree? (1 Viewer)

I'm curious as to if there is a limit to the numbers of feeders you can have in one tree.
I currently have a ground level tray feeder next to an Spruce tree, and a tube feeder in my other tree. (Not sure what it is. It was planted by the builders when our house was built three years ago.) I also have a hummingbird feeder in that tree. On our deck at about 6 feet up I have a nest box. It was used last year by Tree Swallows. Today I acquired a suet feeder. I'm not sure where to put it or how high. It's a hanging suet feeder, but I'm sure I could try to affix it to the tree even though it's only about 4.5" diameter. Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
I'd say there's no limit unless the area becomes unclean, in which it'd deter birds from the area, and, as Aiden said, you keep the types of feeders diverse.

Generally more feeders are better, because more birds can feed at the same time, so more interesting to watch. Unless you go for holidays etc away, then have a big feeder where food will last longer time during your absence.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back