• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

fz300 pinpoint AF size (1 Viewer)

boingbirder

Does anyone know whether when using the fz300 the smallest AF size can be put on to a custom setting permanently.
This would be really useful for small birds in foliage.
I am sure that I read somewhere that with the fz200 it would have to be reset each time C1 or C2 was used
Cheers
John

Hi boingbirder,

Mine stays on whatever I leave it on, even when the camera has been powered down.

Or are you looking to assign it to a specific button for quick switching ?

Cheers

Hi Darkus,
Yes, I was thinking of putting a pinpoint element on a C1 or C2 in a new FZ300 so that it was quickly available for any small birds in foliage.
I might be wrong about this but I thought that with the previous model (Fz200)
the minimum AF size could not be permanently implanted.
Cheers
John

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back