• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 100mm Macro (1 Viewer)

R J H Photography

Not sure if anyone can help I have a Canon 100mm Macro Lens and I want to fit either a 1.4 or +2 Convertor, the Canon does not fit, I have tried a 1.4 Kenko 300 Pro which refuses to focus, I have also tried it on several other bodies with the same affect, can anyone advise of any convertor which would be compatible.

I use the Kenko Teleplus Pro300 AF 1.4X DGX with the EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM on my Canon 600D and it (mostly) focuses Ok although occasionally I have to turn the camera off and on again. I also use the Kenko Teleplus HD DGX 2.0x with the same lens and camera with no focus issues.

Perhaps a camera / teleconverter issue ?

I have the Canon 100 F2.8 USM Macro (non L) and used to use it with the Canon Mk2 extenders - worked just fine. Note you will have to insert an extension tube (I use a 13mm) between the lens and camera as the rear element will foul the protruding front element of the extender. Naturally you will loose infinity focus - hardly a problem for macro work.

These days I have the mK3 extenders but I haven't tried them yet. I see no reason why they wouldn't work though.

Not sure if anyone can help I have a Canon 100mm Macro Lens and I want to fit either a 1.4 or +2 Convertor, the Canon does not fit, I have tried a 1.4 Kenko 300 Pro which refuses to focus, I have also tried it on several other bodies with the same affect, can anyone advise of any convertor which would be compatible.

You don't say which canon body you have,the Kenko 1.4 DGX will focus with both my 7d mkii & 80D.

Cheers.

Steve.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back