• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Field of view (1 Viewer)

Marshall-78

Hi

Can anyone please tell me what the field of view is on the Prominar TSN-774 and the TSN-882 both using a 30x wide angle eyepeice. Cant seem to find it anywhere.

Also would the 774 give a better image than the 882. I have seen a 2nd hand 774 for a great price, but was originally going for the 882. I am going to try it but just wondered if anyne had any experience of these scopes? The dealer seems to think that I would get better views from the 774?

Many thanks in advance

FOV of both scopes with the 30x eyepiece is 2,4° or 41,9m @ 1000m.
The 882 would be somewhat brighter but the 774 Prominar (XDglass as opposed to flourite in the 88mm Prominars) should offer a crisper image with less CA.

John

FOV of both scopes with the 30x eyepiece is 2,4° or 41,9m @ 1000m.
The 882 would be somewhat brighter but the 774 Prominar (XDglass as opposed to flourite in the 88mm Prominars) should offer a crisper image with less CA.

John

Plus the 77 series has a longer "F/x", focal-length or whatever its called.

The 882 is just standard glass as far as i am aware not the flourite chrystal that is in the 884. Given your position i would be strongly tempted with the 774 its size and weight is very attractive and 77mm is still a good size for an objective.

I Have a 773 with 30x. Field of view is very good, slightly better then Swarovski 82 with 30x.

When I look through an Leica 77 with 20-60 now, it's really odd.

I have after trying some scopes out the owner of a Kowa TSN-774 (AT LAST!). I've never had one of the top end scopes before and I am amazed at the quality. I also tried the Swarovski 80mm HD, but liked the Kowa more. The FOV, clarity and quality of the image are something else. Really impressed with the eyepeice.
Thanks for the help. I'm very pleased with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back