• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's the difference between a TCON14 AND TCON14B (1 Viewer)

mipettin

-
I am still looking into a Teleconverter for my Oly C740. A question though:

Can I fit a TCON14-B to my camera with appropriate adaptor

Hope someone can clarify difference between 14 and 14B
-

The Tcon-14B was designed for the Olympus E10/E20 and is quite a chunky lens, I believe it has something like a 62mm thread which will be far too big for the C740.

The Tcon-14 has a 46mm thread and is more compact and lighter in weight. It was designed for the Olympus C2000Z range and thereafter which took the CLA1 adapter. I think you'd need the CLA4 adapter + step ring to fit it but you'll have to check up on that.

Whilst the Tcon-14 is quite a nice lens, a better higher quality one is the Tcon-17, a 1.7x converter. It has a 55mm thread so it will screw straight into the CLA4!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back