• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

windows media player? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
I'm having grief with my windows media player?

Whenever i'm on the computer I usually listen to one of the broadband internet radio stations,however it keeps cutting out,followed by long periods of buffering,connecting etc,then when it does eventually reconnect it just cuts out again?

The problem seems to be worse in the evenings,as does downloading from myspace,maybe it's just something to do with increased listener demand?

The problem is the same wether listening through winamp,real1 or windows media player.

Anyone else get this.

Matt

Last edited:
I usually find it is the radio station's end and not a mediaplayer or connection issue. Have you tried going to another station when you're getting the problem... if another is fine, then you can probably blame the station.

cheers,
Andy

Tell you what suggests it's something to do with the Broadcast end: if you have the radio on too, you'll notice they're out of synch! And this gets worse and worse until they click back together after a pause on the internet broadcast! I find the problem you describe is perticularly bad on TalkSport and Virgin FM

Thanks for that Andy and Tbase,can't say i've noticed this problem with any of my other favourite stations.

Gonna see how I get on with 6music!

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back