• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Outlook Express 6 problem (1 Viewer)

john-henry

Need some help please, every time I try to use OE6 I get an error report - socket error 10061 and error number 0x800CCCOE, I think this might have happened when I uninstalled McAfee security centre. All double dutch to me so would appreciate any help.

Thanks

John

What email client do you use?

Try and find the settings for your email client.

Make sure that you have set the correct configuration/ports as sometimes port 25 is blocked by ISP's etc.

What email client do you use?

Try and find the settings for your email client.

Make sure that you have set the correct configuration/ports as sometimes port 25 is blocked by ISP's etc.

Howard,
I've put the full error report I get below as I see you mention port 25 and the error message port 110, is there a problem here?

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.orangehome.co.uk', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I'm using XP and a wireless connection with Orange which has worked with no problem until about the time I uninstalled McAfee Security Suite,I do wonder if some setting have changed with this, trouble is I know very little about computers and am wary of fiddling when I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks for any suggestions, I've been using Orange Mail lately but I need to e-mail some files to a friend and I can't see that I can use attachments with Orange.

Been exploring Microsoft Support for help and now realise two ports are used, port 25 is OK and I can send mail but not receive on port 110.
I've tried switching off Windows Firewall and adding exceptions to it, even tried adding port 110 but it confirms this is already done for Outlook Express, all to no avail I still cannot receive messages, anyone any other ideas please?

Thanks

John

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back