• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trinovid 8x32 ? (1 Viewer)

ibramr..........I know what you mean about the BN 8X32. Bought a sweet red one after the FL 8X32 and use it every day. The view.......just bring it up to your eyes and je ne sais quoi.

ibramr..........I know what you mean about the BN 8X32. Bought a sweet red one after the FL 8X32 and use it every day. The view.......just bring it up to your eyes and je ne sais quoi.

Hey what does je ne sais quoi mean?

I just ask because it's an expression used in an episode of "Fawlty Towers"...

As to the FL 8x32 it is the only bin I've ever returned, as I was not able to use it without blackouts-it didn't work for my face/eyes... :-C

...Weird thing about the UV: the first time I tried it at the store it was a little tedious lining up to the EP to get the full image and then had to make sure it was held a little farther out from my eyes. I thought perhaps the ER was not enough. So, I thought maybe this would be a deal killer and I would end up purchasing a different bin. However, about a month later I tried it again and I didn't have the same problem. I cannot explain why this is...it's baffling. I had no problems this second time. I even twisted the cup down to the second stop and it still was fine. Maybe that first time I tried a full size binocular before I looked through the little UV...I don't know. weird....

Pupil dilation can have a big effect on assessment of eye-relief. Perhaps the lighting was different on those two occasions. Make sure you try bins under strong ambient lighting, not just the typically dim (even though it might seem well lit) lighting inside most shops.

--AP

Pupil dilation can have a big effect on assessment of eye-relief. Perhaps the lighting was different on those two occasions. Make sure you try bins under strong ambient lighting, not just the typically dim (even though it might seem well lit) lighting inside most shops.

--AP

I'll take note of this for next time. Thanks Alexis !

Hey what does je ne sais quoi mean?

I just ask because it's an expression used in an episode of "Fawlty Towers"...

As to the FL 8x32 it is the only bin I've ever returned, as I was not able to use it without blackouts-it didn't work for my face/eyes... :-C

David

Its French for 'I don't know what'.

So you might use it when you are struggling to explain why you particularly like or dislike something.

Lee

Another line from Faulty Towers that could have been written for Dennis.......

....."pretentious ?....moi ?" !

...The very edges of a binocular are a bit like Dennis` posts, a cursory glance to see if there`s anything of interest, but look too long and you`ll blackout.

...Enthusiasts of sharp edges sound like the Fox who lost his tail, trying to persuade the other Foxes about the benefits to having no tail.

Another line from Faulty Towers that could have been written for Dennis.......

....."pretentious ?....moi ?" !

Good stuff here :t: Makes it worth checking in for.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back