• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FL or EL? (1 Viewer)

mork

I am interested in the two pair.Going to size up the two models tomorrow.I would like some advice on them before purchasing.Which one may be more durable.

Last edited:
Andy Bright said:
What, you mean you're not going to buy those Leupolds? ;)
Leupolds will not be out until june and yes i will be buying leupold.Is there anything wrong with having more than one pair,just would like some input.

mork said:
I am interested in the two pair.Going to size up the two models tomorrow.I would like some advice on them before purchasing.Which one may be more durable.

They are both top of the line binoculars, so I would expect both to be well made and able to handle many years of use. I'd go with the one that proves the best fit and feel for you. Is it comfortable in your hands? How do you like the focus - does it have the feel and speed you like? Spend some time with each, and you should get a pretty good idea which fits your needs.

Have you thought about which magnification you want? Some folks like the generally wider field and better "steadiness" of lower powers. Others, who are comfortable hand holding higher powers, like the extra detail a higher power can pull in.

Clear skies, Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back