• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

County listing (1 Viewer)

Al Orton (The Apprentice) ended up with 220.
I ended up with 119 missing Long-eared owl which I should have gone for. Missed Great-grey Shrike, Nightingale, Y B Warbler Hilbre & Bluethroat Leasowe. Nightingale hurt as it was a county lifer. Great Grey Shrike hurt cos Al sent me photo's in the hand whilst I was on Shetland.

Anything around 210 -220 is very good going.

Prediction for year:

Long overdue Sardinian Warbler, Hilbre - preferably when I'm there!

Lesser Scaup on one of the big meres.

Al Orton (The Apprentice) ended up with 220.
I ended up with 119 missing Long-eared owl which I should have gone for. Missed Great-grey Shrike, Nightingale, Y B Warbler Hilbre & Bluethroat Leasowe. Nightingale hurt as it was a county lifer. Great Grey Shrike hurt cos Al sent me photo's in the hand whilst I was on Shetland.

Anything around 210 -220 is very good going.

Prediction for year:

Long overdue Sardinian Warbler, Hilbre - preferably when I'm there!

Lesser Scaup on one of the big meres.

Don't you mean 219? Never got over 200 yet but determined to get it this year, so any help is appreciated!

Had all three Lesser Scaups in the county. Another would do nicely. Would prefer an American landbird wintering in someone garden.

CB

Oops. Yes. Well spotted.
You'll have to do a lot of seawatching to ensure a good chance of achieving 200+
For example last year included Velvet Scoter, Black-throated Diver, Sabines Gull, Sooty Shearwater, Long-tailed Skua, Great Skua. Gull watching at Richmond Bank or on one of the organised sessions at Arpely tip areworth it for possible Iceland, Glaucous, Yellow-legged and the elusive Caspian Gull. Apart from that most of the 'regular' speices just involve a bit of searching out and you'll need a smattering of county rarities.

We've been predicting a Yankee passerine on Hilbre for some years so watch this space...................

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back