• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from a bino-using watercolorist (1 Viewer)

eronald

Hi,

I have nothing to do with birds, but I felt the need for a pair of binoculars as a watercolor artist. I read the excellent advice here, and got a Leica 7x42 Ultravid HD (non plus).

You can see my watercolors at
http://instagram.com/edmundronald

and I wish you all lots of birding fun!

Edmund

Hi eronald and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I’m glad our binocular forum was able to help you find a good pair. Maybe you will find some nice birds through them.

Hi eronald and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I’m glad our binocular forum was able to help you find a good pair. Maybe you will find some nice birds through them.

Thank you Lisa, stranger things have happened.

Although I live in central Paris, I regularly see and hear seabirds, gulls in flight, and very occasionally something larger. If someone here is interested, flights of gulls can be seen regularly at Pont Saint Michel, opposite Notre Dame.

Your very useful forum threads on binos crop up as soon as one searches for binoculars on the net.

Edmund

Hello Edmund and welcome. You have chosen a fine pair of binoculars, perfect for enjoying the cityscapes of Paris and inspiring your painting. Binoculars are for many more subjects than just birds. Even trees and flowers, mosses and lichens, not to mention features on buildings and bridges, can all be enjoyed and more appreciated through binoculars.
Do take them for a walk up Montmartre and I am sure you will find much inspiration.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back