• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello again. (1 Viewer)

colin mm

Hi everyone I thought I would reintroduce myself as it's been a long time with work and family etc.
As of a few days ago I'm the proud owner of a new Nikon D3200 double VR zoom kit, my first DSLR as iv always had small instamatic types the last of which was a Minolta Z3, so as you can imagine it's been a long time since I looked at my camera equipment seriously.
My interest has been rekindled and I'm like a big kid at Christmas with my new camera and had my first try yesterday of a walk around my local park taking pictures.
I used the automatic settings mainly sport and landscape, and swapped between the 18x55 and the 55x300 also with the AF and VR switched on.
After hundreds of shots and after checking them on my pic I ended up with about 30 that I liked.
Iv cropped a handful but otherwise left them alone and I'm very pleased for a first attempt. I'll post them in the gallery and advice hints and tips are most welcome.
I'll be browsing here more often and hopefully posting and learning more as there is more to these DSLR's than I realised, but looking forward to getting out there and using it to its fullest. That's once I know what all the buttons and settings are.
It's great to be back :t:

Hi Colin and welcome back.

How exciting to get a new camera.... have fun exploring it. I'll look forward to seeing some of your pictures in the Gallery.

I've been trying Sports Mode and multiframe shots with my little bridge camera. Seems to be working quite well most of the time.

Thanks Delia Iv put three into the gallery but wasn't sure of descriptions so was very basic with those. But I'm really enjoying my camera and even though it's raining here and won't be out there's plenty to do on the pc , or just even read some more on settings etc, and browse here too of course.

The rain hasn't arrived here..... yet!!! But it's been very dark this morning.

I'll go look at your pictures now.

Oh!! just thought I'd look before closing this post and I can't see them yet. Are you having a problem with the upload. Don't be afraid to ask for help Colin.

The rain hasn't arrived here..... yet!!! But it's been very dark this morning.

I'll go look at your pictures now.

Oh!! just thought I'd look before closing this post and I can't see them yet. Are you having a problem with the upload. Don't be afraid to ask for help Colin.

I thought I had uploaded the pics but when I tried to look it said there was nothing there? They were there after saving them to the gallery as I did three separately and looked at them before closing the page.
The broadband is a bit hit and miss here today due to maintainance, that might be it?

Hi Colin

The most usual reason for failure to upload is the file size. Did you remember to reduce them to what the Gallery recommends... i.e. less than 500 kb and 1024x900px?

Don't 'crop' to get the size, use the software you have to do this.

Ah sorry no i didnt , Ill have a look and reduce them. Its been years since i edited and was not too knowledgable either, im using a different programme too so might take some time to figure out?
Plenty of time though, not going anywhere today with the weather.

If you have Windows 7, right click on the picture and you'll get a menu up with Re-size on it.

Windows 8: again right click, select Edit, then select Image>Resize from the menu.

These are the easiest methods.

I tried that Delia but it didnt show, probably me doing something wrong so i opened them in Fast stone and found the resize menu after not knowing all you do is move the cursor to the side to open the menu :)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back