• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron 60S to Sony A100 (1 Viewer)

I think you would be disappoiinted with this and not worth the effort. You would be better off trying it with a little digicam that you had lying around the place. One with a short zoom. You can pick them cheaply on Ebay or similar.
Have a look at some of the older threads here for some ideas.
Current models that would work are like Nikon Coolpix 300/310/330.
Neil

I think you would be disappoiinted with this and not worth the effort. You would be better off trying it with a little digicam that you had lying around the place. One with a short zoom. You can pick them cheaply on Ebay or similar.
Have a look at some of the older threads here for some ideas.
Current models that would work are like Nikon Coolpix 300/310/330.
Neil

Hi thanks for the response. Can I not just buy/make a small adapter to attach my camera to the scope. The scope already has a few different screw mounts and I have a T ring for the camera if it helps.

I should probably also mention that I don't intend on using this for bird watching, It's for astronomy but I thought you guys could help since its a bird watching scope.

Hi thanks for the response. Can I not just buy/make a small adapter to attach my camera to the scope. The scope already has a few different screw mounts and I have a T ring for the camera if it helps.

I should probably also mention that I don't intend on using this for bird watching, It's for astronomy but I thought you guys could help since its a bird watching scope.

Have a look on the Televue site for suggestions. I have a lot of their "stuff"and it's all good.
Neil.

That is an old HR60 which will more than likely have an imperial thread rather than the current metric threads used on Opticron scopes and associated telephotography accessories.

You might be able to use a push-fit adaptor made by SRB Photographic to allow you to do eyepiece projection photography:

http://srb-photographic.co.uk/sony-alpha-dslr-digiscoping-kit-927-c.asp

But bear in mind this is a non-ED scope so the quality of any results will be limited by that fact alone.

HTH

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back