• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coolpix 6x teleconverter (1 Viewer)

Just thought i would let other members know about a Nikon 6x teleconverter by kenko that i happened to notice while browsing through my keene electronics catalogue 2003.It seems it is made especially for Nikon's coolpix range(28mm thread).The details are; front filter thread 27mm,thread mount 28mm,weight 63g and dimensions are 32mm x 64mm with price tag of £89.99.Keene Electronics tel no is 0870 990 9000 or www.keene.co.uk and they do an excellent catalogue but mainly of video equipment.

I'd be very wary. Being 6x is very attractive, but from what I've read about this lens, the Kenko optics aren't top notch. The Eagleye Optic Zoom is generally regarded as a better quality lens but a good bit dearer.

Hi Ian:
Thanks for the info on that 6X lens, I looked at it and made the order, now it is time to see what the quality is of this unit, which I hope will breach the gap with my CP5000 and the 19mm wide angle and 2X tele converters and my spottingscope setup.
Hmmm quality ??? I am a retired machinist/millwright, as the saying goes, give a lousy machinist a precision lathe and he might come up with a good shaft, take the old experienced machinist and his worn out lathe and charlie will produce a precission shaft.
cheers
Walther Loff
www.walther-loff.com

Funny enough, I sold the Eagle Eye 5x and the Kenko 8x32 (not the same as the 6x) to videocam users. Optical excellence isn't quite as important with video footage as stills, as the playback device (usually a tv) is pretty low res.
The trouble with these teleconverters is that they tempt you to shoot without a tripod... with the obvious consequences!
Andy

Hi Folks:

Well I purchased the Kenko KDT60, tried it out and send it back the next day and got a full credit for it.
I than purchased the CrystalVue 832 Sharpshooter, this is a great lens which I have received and tried out today, nice and clear, sharp on all borders and no color aberation, I do recommend this lens. I am using it with the CP5000 and the Nikon 46mm adaptor.
CKCPower.com did a excellent job and shipped it with a 37/46 mm adaptor, the rear optics fitted nicely in the cavity of the Nikon adaptor... I could use 70% of the wide angle setting with no vignetting....
I am very satisfied and soon will post the results
cheers
Walther

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back