• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from North Dakota! (1 Viewer)

Hello all!
I'm new to the forum and am glad to be here!
I've enjoyed feeding wild birds for years and have recently expanded my feeders.
I'm from North Dakota so we really don't get the most variety in fun birds to feed to be honest. At this time at my birdfeeder I get house sparrows, chickadees, red breasted nuthatch, Harris' sparrows, dark eyed juncos, the seldom blue jay, house finches,collard doves etc. and of course my neighborhood squirrels. I honestly wouldn't mind if I only got house sparrows all day, I just enjoy feeding them.

In the summer we do get hummingbirds, orioles, chipping sparrows, robins, grackles, yellow shafted flickers, hairy woodpecker, cedar waxwings, etc.

I've always had an interest in nature, animals, camping, hiking, art, music, etc.
I'm glad to be here and am excited to get to know some of you!

EDIT* My name is Adriane by the way :)

Last edited:
Hello zombiecupcake and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I would really like to have the birds in your yard visit mine:
chickadees, red breasted nuthatch, Harris' sparrows, dark eyed juncos, the seldom blue jays
These are non-existent in my neck of the woods.

Hello zombiecupcake and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I would really like to have the birds in your yard visit mine: These are non-existent in my neck of the woods.

Thank you for the welcome!
I guess I shouldnt take my backyard birds for granted, weird to think of not seeing the birds I'm used to. In the winter black capped chickadees are probably the most popular at my bird feeder, then the ever so lovely house sparrow lol.
What kind of birds do you get in your area of AZ?

Hi Adriane and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back