• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can any one help!!! (1 Viewer)

Birdbrain

"Birders do it in the Field"
United Kingdom
Im thinking of buying the nikon 60mm IIRA with the coolpix 4500 its on the warehouse express . com website its in the special offers for digiscoping can any one tell me if this is a good setup to start with.

thanks

Bird brain, Its exactly my set up and it is very good for the money you pay. I have not yet produced a picture worthy to go on the forum but this is simply due to lack of time to play with the setup as I have only had it complete for about a month or so and at the moment am only using it in garden on my birdfeeders so it would only be a picture of a sparrow for the forum. When I do get proficient (!) hope to take it to the local RSPB reserve at Freiston Shore and try the set up in the field as it were. I consider this Nikon to be a very under rated telescope because when I looked through mine and then the other birders much more expensive Swarovskis telescopes I could not really see any discernible difference in image quality, but then my eyes are no longer that young!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back