• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Woolston Eyes day visit permit? (1 Viewer)

mjh73

Australia
Hi folks

I've emailed the reserve a few days ago but no response yet.
We're visiting the UK in June/July and hoped to access the reserve to see the Black-necked Grebes.
There only seem to be annual permit options, now day permits or organised trips in for non permit holders.
Can anyone offer access / contact advice?

Thanks

mjh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks blackduck, but I'm not sure my ten year old son and I count as a group!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shame you cannot use PayPal for membership. I cannot remember when I last wrote out a check it must have been years ago. Come let’s move with the times.

I tried messaging them directly at the time and got no reply. Not the friendliest of groups apparently. Still need the grebe :(

MJH - Sorry nobody responded to your query. We don't issue day permits because access to the reserve requires a key but if you send a PM with your email address and when you are available I'll try and arrange a visit for you

Regards David

PS although we don't use PayPal, annual permits can be purchased via bank transfer- details on the permit application form which can be downloaded from our website

Have a look at the web page for St Aidan''s RSPB this is a guaranteed site for BNG if it isn't too far out of your way. It also has Bittern and Bearded Tit as well as a great selection of other species. Fairburn Ings is also close by with breeding Spoonbills. If you did choose to visit St Aidan's I would have a look on the Swillington Ings Bird Group website for a really useful map and very regularly updated sightings

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back