• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi all, remember me? (1 Viewer)

Janay15

Hi everyone.

I came over to birdforum with the rest of the ex-beebs back in 2005, I was one of the young ones (15 years old) and I posted for quite a long while, but then my life started to get a bit busy, I got my first job (and started working a lot!) and I haven't been on here for years (since 2007 infact).

Even though I haven't been on here for years, I've often thought about the forum since I stopped posting, and tonight I decided to take a look to see if there were still any familiar names on here.
Though the forum is very quite nowdays, I've been pleasently suprised to see that there is indeed quite a few folks on here I remember. |=)|

I'm 24 now, my life has been manic and changed so much over the past few years, but there is something very heartwarming about seeing everyone on here. This forum was actually quite a bit part of my life from the age of 15-17, I met lovely people here and learnt quite a bit, mostly due to the quizzes.

I remember Lydia's story about Mr Cardinal |=)|, among other things.
It's a shame that Bill doesn't still seem to be here, what happened to him? And Mabel? And Brian?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone, even if you don't remember me. |:D|

Last edited:
Hi Janay and welcome back. I'm so glad to hear that your young adult years have been so successful (if busy LOL) - think that happens to almost everyone!

As you see, this forum is very quiet now, quite a few of the members are still around but seem to post in other areas of BF now.

Hi Janay

Welcome back to BF, and it is good that you have come back to post once more :gh::t:

Life has a habit of taking over at times, and as you say you have missed posting here a lot!

I am one of the x-beebs posters and I know some of the people that you mention - not posted much on x-beebs recently but I am sure that people will rmember you there

Look forward to reading your posts

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
I DO NOT BELIEVE IT! You can't be 24 as that would make me...........good grief :eek!:

I dropped out of Ex beebers long ago, but break my self imposed exile only to say hello to an original ex-beeber who I remember well. Nice to hear that your doing well Janay. I'll try to upload an image for you but you'll have to forgive me if it doesn't work.

Best wishes and take care
Brian

Attachments

• Macro 451.jpg
    Macro 451.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 30
Hi Janay,
Glad life has been good to you , yes there are still a few of the old beebs about although very few post on here which is sad.
George

Hi all! I remember you all and miss you.

Have had major health issues as well as the old Internet issues. ~SIGH~ All seems to be doing better now. I stopped by the library to check in on my friends.

Many Chimney Swifts this year although NONE in our chimneys. So many Turkey Vultures circling the house we decided we better move around more. LOL! Bazillion Kramers (Starlings). More Baltimore Orioles and Goldfinches than can be counted.

Many broods of House Sparrows and at least 2 of the House Wrens. There are some other LBJs that seem to always be against the sun so I'm not sure who they are.

Good year for crickets galore as well as our beloved toads. Many Wooly-Bear Caterpillars as well as wee spiders who are white with tiny black dots. Never saw them before.

Good year for weeds too.

Take care! I'll check back in soon.

Lydia

Hi everyone.

I came over to birdforum with the rest of the ex-beebs back in 2005, I was one of the young ones (15 years old) and I posted for quite a long while, but then my life started to get a bit busy, I got my first job (and started working a lot!) and I haven't been on here for years (since 2007 infact).

Even though I haven't been on here for years, I've often thought about the forum since I stopped posting, and tonight I decided to take a look to see if there were still any familiar names on here.
Though the forum is very quite nowdays, I've been pleasently suprised to see that there is indeed quite a few folks on here I remember. |=)|

I'm 24 now, my life has been manic and changed so much over the past few years, but there is something very heartwarming about seeing everyone on here. This forum was actually quite a bit part of my life from the age of 15-17, I met lovely people here and learnt quite a bit, mostly due to the quizzes.

I remember Lydia's story about Mr Cardinal |=)|, among other things.
It's a shame that Bill doesn't still seem to be here, what happened to him? And Mabel? And Brian?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone, even if you don't remember me. |:D|

Bill stopped posting when his arthritis became severe, someone did give the odd update but haven't heard anything for a while. Don't remember Mabel, could you mean Mahsleb?
I only look here every once in a while. Hi Brian by the way, there wouldn't have been an ex Beebs if it wasn't for you.

I think Mabel lived in Northern Ireland and was fairly young - maybe early 20s?

We have all grown a little older since then, I started to host my own forum then and its still up and running not bad for a novice :)

Jim

palval147 will know who I am she was a good contributor to these forums sadly she too has gone and I can see why :(

Jim

Last edited:
There seems to be enough old/young faces turning up here to begin a new section.
Mabel used to write some interesting posts from Dublin and used to have me jealous as Glaucous Gulls always seemed to be quite common over there, not that I was ever really into gulls.
Merry Christmas to all.
Ant...I wonder if Capt'n Pugwash and his First Mate are still sailing the seven seas of the Beeb Boards.

Last edited:
The Beeb boards seem rather devoid of us oldies too Brian, though I do pop back there from time to time. I still have my original number too.:-O

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back