• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuerteventura info (1 Viewer)

Stephen Dunstan

If anybody has recent info on sites, particularly in the northern half of the island, I would appreciate details. Sites for Fuerteventura Stonechat would be especially welcome.

I am going in six weeks, and thought some recent info to supplement the standard texts would be helpful.

Regards,

Stephen.

Stephen Dunstan said:
If anybody has recent info on sites, particularly in the northern half of the island, I would appreciate details. Sites for Fuerteventura Stonechat would be especially welcome.

I am going in six weeks, and thought some recent info to supplement the standard texts would be helpful.

Regards,

Stephen.

Hi Stephen
Go to Surfbirds website and click on the European Scarce Birds link, a guy (sorry forgot his name) has posted loads of recent images from Fuerta & Tenerife. He might be worth an e-mail since it looks as if he did really well there. Good luck and I hope you have a great time, it's a fantastic island to go to in Winter.
Cheers Jules

edit - follow the link http://www.surfbirds.com/cgi-bin/gallery/display.cgi?gallery=gallery17

Last edited:
Hi Stephen,

Nothing to add to the great info given by Mark.
I visited Fuerteventura this November and located at least three different chats at Los Molinos.
Enjoy your time there and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

P.D: Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more detailed information.

A report from last week by Andrea Torozzi has gone on WestpalBirds. If anybody else is going in the near future let me know and I will put some details of how he got on on this thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back