• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo agencies (1 Viewer)

Jhanlon

Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, using agencies for their wildlife images? I know the genre is one of the hardest to make money from due to its popularity. I’ve never used one but thinking of giving it a go.

Thanks!

After my initial submission to Alamy passed QC, I had several rejections - for a reason, usually excessive noise. they do publish a guide of issues which will cause an image to fail, I believe this has helped improve my photography, and the only issue I have is that one substandard image will fail the entire submission

I've never used any of the stock photo agencies for wildlife photos, however I did get contacted by a Publication Procurement company and added to their list, which has resulted in some sales. They are hired by magazines and various publications when photos of a certain type are needed for magazines, online magazines, newspapers, etc. They work directly off my website by adding my website to their list of sources for procurement - if they need a certain shot, they search their sources and if found, reach out to me to see if I'm willing to sell. If yes, it's a standard publishing contract, with numbers of print issues, price paid and amount of time they have rights to publish or republish up to the print issue total before having to re-contract. Rights to the original are kept by the photographer.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back