• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazos Bend State Park (TX) warbler(?) and hawk IDs (1 Viewer)

howiewu

Hi,
I took these pictures in Brazos Bend State Park (south of Houston, TX; BTW this should positively wrap up my travel to southern FL and TX).

I am not sure about the warbler, a Tennessee maybe .. but isn't it odd to see it at this time of the year?

I think the 2nd and 3rd pictures (same bird) are of a Cooper's Hawk?

I believe the last picture is of a Northern Harrier (pretty certain).

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Howard

Attachments

• warbler.jpg
    warbler.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 56
  • hawk7.jpg
    hawk7.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 45
  • hawk8.jpg
    hawk8.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 48
  • hawk9.jpg
    hawk9.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 47
Your warbler is an Orange-crowned. Tennessee shouldn't be present during this time of year and wouldn't show the partial eyering.
I agree with Cooper's Hawk and (immature) Northern Harrier for your second two birds.

Hi, Liam:

Thanks, I looked it up, Orange-crowned seems to fit! This would be a new bird for me too, thanks!

Howard

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back