• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

moving water in backyard birding (1 Viewer)

beclo

|8.| This afternoon I went out into my yard and set my water hose onto mist and turned it up into the air and stepped back. Within 3 minutes I had quite a number of beautiful birds. Drinking from the puddle (BROWN THRASHER) , hoovering in the mist like hummingbirds (YELLOW RUMPED WARBLERS), all fluffed up bathing and sitting in the puddle ( brilliant scarlet NORTHERN CARDINALS, a perky CAROLINA WREN, HOUSE FINCH, PINE WARBLER), bathing in a nearby red hisbiscus bush (teeny BLACK CAPPED CHICADEES and their buddies, TUFTED TITMICE), diving through the mist (striking BLUE JAYS, NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD), sitting on my sycamore tree trunk soaking in the spray (a curious BROWN HEADED NUTHATCH).

WOW, What a great way to spend 30 minutes on a lazy Sunday afternoon in a hammock in your own backyard!

P.S. My new camera arrives this week , and I plan to get pictures next time.

SEE YA, BECLO

Last edited:
Hi Beclo - welcome to Bird Forum,

Sounds like a perfect afternoon in the garden - quite a little collection of birds that you have going there. There's nothing more pleasurable than enjoying some nice birds in your own garden in my opinion. Things have thinned out a little up here in Ct but I was pleased to find a Pine Siskin using my feeder and birdbath this morning - it obviously has decided to join the local flock of goldfinches for a while.

Luke

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back