• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

natural world (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
the eagle has landed.bill oddie narrates a film about the return of ospreys,sea eagles and red kites.bbc2,20.00 oclock.this is followed by a short programme about the river dart with kingfishers badgers buzzards and peregrines.put it in the diary folks this ones a good'en.matt

Awww that sounded really good!!! Up here in the Frozen North *aka Northumberland* we had a fascinating Natural World about ants...in particular soldier, jack jumpers from Tasmania and driver ants from Africa. Was REALLY good....and a welcome change from the usual bigger mammals! Then we had a ten-minute-quickie about Tawny Owls.
Perhaps Bill is on up here next week?

GILL

Gill Osborne said:
Awww that sounded really good!!! Up here in the Frozen North *aka Northumberland* we had a fascinating Natural World about ants...in particular soldier, jack jumpers from Tasmania and driver ants from Africa. Was REALLY good....and a welcome change from the usual bigger mammals! Then we had a ten-minute-quickie about Tawny Owls.
Perhaps Bill is on up here next week?

GILL

Don't fancy meeting those Driver Ants looked like nasty little critters to me especially the soldiers waving their pincers around, definatly one ant to steer clear off

Gill Osborne said:
Hopefully NEXT week....sounds great - TWO programmes about British wildlife!

GILL

Not according to the bbc website, next Tues BBC2 Sheffield Utd V's Arsenal FA cup replay from 20:00 :C

ARGHHHHH bloomin' football!!!!!!!!! NOT amused!!!!!!

I had a look in the latest issue of BBC Wildlife (tiger on cover) but it seems to have stopped printing it's listings of wildlife programmes for the month ahead....tho' hold on! Latest one is for MARCH....we're still in February......nope nothing!!! Oh well, it was always wrong about 90% of the time anyway LOL

GILL

sorry folks,forgot to add the date.the natural world[the eagle has landed] is on tuesday 1st of march at 20.00 on bbc2,then followed at 20.50 by a ten minute programme about the river dart with peregrines, kingfishers, badgers and foxes.few ,matt[still not a proper birder]

matt green said:
sorry folks,forgot to add the date.the natural world[the eagle has landed] is on tuesday 1st of march at 20.00 on bbc2,then followed at 20.50 by a ten minute programme about the river dart with peregrines, kingfishers, badgers and foxes.few ,matt[still not a proper birder]

Sorry Matt they have cancelled it for the football :C

matt green said:
the eagle has landed.bill oddie narrates a film about the return of ospreys,sea eagles and red kites.bbc2,20.00 oclock.this is followed by a short programme about the river dart with kingfishers badgers buzzards and peregrines.put it in the diary folks this ones a good'en.matt

YES!!!!! - it's on tomorrow at 8pm. dont miss it folks. although it says it' a repeat, but i dont know from when?. sounds a belter and anything with kites and eagles is a must see. ;)

salty said:
YES!!!!! - it's on tomorrow at 8pm. dont miss it folks. although it says it' a repeat, but i dont know from when?. sounds a belter and anything with kites and eagles is a must see. ;)

Salty, according to the BBC's website it has been cancelled for the football!

NOOOOOOO..........WHY DO THEY DO IT!!!! - i dont ask for much in life, but is a nature programme too much for the BBC thesedays? - why dont they always cancel the only progs worth switching the TV on for????

Just checked out the BBC "What's on" pages and it doesn't seem that its going to be shown next week either! The RSPB web site is advertising it for tonight also.

Salty, "why dont they always cancel the only progs worth switching the TV on for????" I couldn't agree more!!! Surely the BEEB must consider that British viewers see so little British Wildlife on the TV anyway and given its large audience share its hardly fair to cancel what little they do show. Let's face it, 2 weeks ago they had to cancel Bill's show so that Eastenders got its audience - who'd watch Athletics instead???

Just e-mailed the BEEB on its "complaints site" about lack of British Wildlife and boring sport replacements. Something along the lines of getting their priorities right. www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Out of interest, the online form asks for the transmission date - quite handily it accepted "ha-ha-ha"!

Last edited:
Jaxman said:
Just e-mailed the BEEB on its "complaints site" about lack of British Wildlife and boring sport replacements. Something along the lines of getting their priorities right. www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Out of interest, the online form asks for the transmission date - quite handily it accepted "ha-ha-ha"!

Good luck i emailed them a while back when they cancelled Bill Oddie for the tennis and they claimed it was by popular demand! and went on to boast how good the BBC's Sports coverage was!

simon said:
Good luck i emailed them a while back when they cancelled Bill Oddie for the tennis and they claimed it was by popular demand! and went on to boast how good the BBC's Sports coverage was!

Call me cynical, but I wonder if the BEEB dare to boast about their coverage of Wildlife- british especially.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back