• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baader Morpheus eyepieces on sale (1 Viewer)

billb9430

The Baader Morpheus eyepiece sale ($175 US each rather than $239) has been ongoing for some time, but ends in two more weeks on May 15, 2018. I thought I'd better give this "heads-up" reminder lest some of you might miss out. The Morpheus series are all standard 1.25" barrel diameter and so will fit Pentax PF and PR spotting scopes and some Celestron models, too.

I bought the Morpheus 17.5mm, 12.5mm, and 9mm during the sale and find they provide nice views in Pentax PF65EDIIa, PF80EDa and PF100ED scopes. The Morpheus eyepieces have long eye relief and seem very similar to the Pentax XW series except they have a bit larger Afov (76˚ vs. 70˚) and, while the sale lasts, a new Morpheus eyepiece is just a little over half the cost of a new XW.

Bill Paolini, author of "Choosing and Using Astronomical Eyepieces" has a pretty positive user review of the Morpheus 17.5 posted on the Cloudy Nights site that gives more details. Bill owns a PF65EDII, but his review is primarily geared towards astronomical use in larger telescopes.

Several USA distributors carry the Morpheus line, but some (maybe all?) have posted on their sales websites that they cannot ship Morpheus eyepieces to buyers in EU nations at the sale price. Perhaps similar sale prices are available locally in Europe?

Apologies if this is "old news" to many of you, but I thought it best to be sure all Birdforum Pentax users that MIGHT be interested knew about this before the sale ends. -Bill

They are available in the UK for £149 from Firstlightoptics.

I am not connected to them apart from as a very satisfied customer.

I have both the Morpheus 12.5mm and the Pentax XW14mm on my Pentax 65ED and the Morpheus is as good as the Pentax in my view.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back