• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dropped my Hawke Frontier ED 10x43‎ (1 Viewer)

Hard telling without having them examined. You will probably have so send them back to the manufacturer.

If you shake them does anything rattle?

Bob

I'm no expert but I would imagine it's a prism or lens/es knocked out of alignment and therefore would be a rubber off disassemble and rebuild or some suggest giving them another bang to try and knock back into position whatever is out but it sounds pretty bad.

Bins do not like dropping and luckily I've been over carpet or grass on the rare times it has happened but I always toss the neck strap over folks who often like to try my bins especially non-birders which they see as an enormous fuss but not as much as if they get the bill for wrecking my bins.

I think you really need to decide if you want to send them to Hawke to look at but contact them first. Hawke service is very good and I am sure they will help as much as they can. I would try them.

By all means do NOT give them another bang to try to correct the missalignment,whoever suggested that practice deserves a bang in the head to fix whatever is wrong with it..Just contact the manufacturer,these things happen and no other but their technical service should and would be able to correct whatever went wrong with your bins.
Good luck

By all means do NOT give them another bang to try to correct the missalignment,whoever suggested that practice deserves a bang in the head to fix whatever is wrong with it..Just contact the manufacturer,these things happen and no other but their technical service should and would be able to correct whatever went wrong with your bins.
Good luck

I'm sure we all know people like yourself who have had perhaps a few to many bangs on the head.

Headbanger :t:

It's slang in these parts. Means right nutter.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back