• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue Parakeet -SE London (1 Viewer)

Morrestuff

Hi all,
I am new to the forum. We love watching the different birds on our feeders. Today, along with the usual green ring necked parakeets, we had a powder ble coloured parakeet. It was the same size, type, just a light blue instead of bright green. Any ideas? Is this a familial genetic mutation from the green or are my looking at parakeets that are unrelated and different?
I have a photo but I am having trouble uploading. (4 parakeets on a bird feeder...3 green ring necked and one blue parakeet!).

Many thanks,
Nic

Hi Nic and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Sorry, I've really no idea on what this bird might be, but let's see if we can help you upload a picture. In your photo processing programme try and re-size your picture to between around 900-1000 pixels on the longest side and save as a medium file size. Then save it to your desk top.

Start a new thread in the ID forum, then scroll down below the message pane till you see a grey bar called Manage Attachments. Click on that and browse for your picture. Click on Upload, wait a few seconds till you see the file name appear then close that box. When you submit your post, the picture should be attached.

If you need more help, please don't be afraid to ask.

There is a blue colour variant of Ring-necked Parakeet which is common in captivity. Do a Google search and you will be able to tell if that's your bird.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hello Nic, and welcome to the forum. Can't help with an ID, hopefully with Delia's instructions you'll get it loaded.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back