• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A149 - Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
That's gonna be popular with twitchers heading to Norfolk, speed cams to be installed thanks to HRH's bump.

Lots if incidents on this road including fatalities so why does it take the involvement of a Royal to trigger such a plan even though, it looks like he pulled out in to the path of an oncoming car from a side road (my interpretation)?

Norfolk CC has VERY specific rules for speed limiting... we are trying to get a reduction approaching Dereham from Holt near a care home and school, and on A47 just west of Dereham, but apparently "neither has had enough major accidents yet"!
There's been 3 fatalities and numerous serious injuries in 3 years on one of them.
;) Cant just be HRH, surely? :t:

We'd better get him driving around here a bit, if it were.

It's a busy route, like everywhere else these days,with a lot of touristy traffic coming in via Kings Lynn and heading towards sunny Hunstanton and along the A149. The wintersun is horrendously low at that time of day, heading West (in the driver's defence) but thankfully no serious injuries.
Your interpretation is spot on Andy..... I think he was cruising to year tick ( or shoot ) any remaining Golden Pheasant in the area.

That's gonna be popular with twitchers heading to Norfolk, speed cams to be installed thanks to HRH's bump.

Lots if incidents on this road including fatalities so why does it take the involvement of a Royal to trigger such a plan even though, it looks like he pulled out in to the path of an oncoming car from a side road (my interpretation)?

I understand that the female driver of the other car (with another female passenger and a child) was breathalysed, shown to be negative, and that the 97 year old driver (in the “flipped car”) was not.....:eek!:

It's a road often used by birders and twitchers as I noted in opening so yes.......

Nothing to do with birds and birding, just a comment on the need for Royals to be involved in an accident for speed cameras to be installed. Should start threads on the Birds and Birding forum about roadworks on the M25, M5, M6 and just about every road in the UK ... all often used by birders.

Nothing to do with birds and birding. Should start threads on the Birds and Birding forum about roadworks on the M25, M5, M6 and just about every road in the UK ... all often used by birders.

Sorry Jos, no offence was intended from me.

I am sure the moderators will move it if inappropriate.

Although my post Jan 2018 about wood pigeons mating was as a result of seeing some on A149 on an overhead cable.
Tenuous I know, but...

Harry

Nothing to do with birds and birding, just a comment on the need for Royals to be involved in an accident for speed cameras to be installed. Should start threads on the Birds and Birding forum about roadworks on the M25, M5, M6 and just about every road in the UK ... all often used by birders.

Mr contrary raises his head again.

Mr contrary raises his head again.

Yep, predictable response.

What's wrong with starting a thread to debate the rights or wrongs of the involvement of a Royal in a decision to install speed cameras in Ruffled Feathers? It is not about birding, so not Birds and Birding forum.

Yep, predictable response.

What's wrong with starting a thread to debate the rights or wrongs of the involvement of a Royal in a decision to install speed cameras in Ruffled Feathers? It is not about birding, so not Birds and Birding forum.

Because I'm not subscribed to RF as you probbaly know.

If all you can do is contradict and critcise (especially my posts as someone just pointed out in a pm) then perhaps avoid the temptation to respond.

Yeah, 'cos, as we all know, only the UK has roads, eh...? ;)

Because I'm not subscribed to RF as you probbaly know.

If all you can do is contradict and critcise (especially my posts as someone just pointed out in a pm) then perhaps avoid the temptation to respond.

Ruffled Feathers is there exactly for this kind of post which is unrelated to actual birding, not the Birds and Birding thread - resubscribe if it interests you. If you don't like persons poining this out, perhaps avoid the temptation to post irrelevant stuff on the Birding forum.

Indeed, we can start a birding thread about Helsinki rush hour problems ...sure some birders use those roads too :)

If the thread offends you, why continue posting to it?
If it is inappropriate ask the mods to move it or close it, and be happy with their reply.

Living in Norfolk, I dread rarities on the North Norfolk coast, due to the huge traffic on the A149, and the way it stops normality for the locals. ANY accident on it causes mayhem.

It is a recognised top birding area, so most of the thread seems relevant to Birds and BIRDING to me.

My knowledge of Helsinki is woeful, so I don't know if your suggestion is a good one.

If there's specific issues affecting access to or exit from any major BIRDING area, I welcome sharing. Maybe we need a 'current travel' type sub forum for such updates.

Best
Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back