• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whats this a Pencil (1 Viewer)

Many Many Thanks B :) Well last night I dragged the burnt sticks out before it all gets to busy over the next couple of weeks. I was hoping to try do a Christmas pic but just havnt the time. So have a good Christmas Ladies and Gents and all the best for 2013. Luckily the world didnt end yesterday so enjoy :king:

Attachments

• shorty 001 (600 x 418).jpg
    shorty 001 (600 x 418).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 79
A great piece to end 2012 with, well on your way to joining the high flyers on this forum sir. Have great Christmas and all the very best GEORGE.

After getting Flu Boxing day I hadnt had chance open my Santa presents properly untill a couple of days ago.A Windsor and Newton Student full set, a big improvement on the cheap ones I had been using. First quick attempt at a Dipper with them proved quite enjoyable. Ok it didnt improve my skill but did seem more user friendly. Second prezzzzy was some cheap acrylics unfortunately without brushes so water brushes were used on the Desert Wheatear :-O 4 by 8inch little one

Attachments

• dipper 002 (439 x 600).jpg
    dipper 002 (439 x 600).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 66
  • first acrilic 001 (332 x 600).jpg
    first acrilic 001 (332 x 600).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 59
Looking good to me. Perhaps others will think otherwise but if it were me I'd find some way to get some separate brushes for acrylic, at least just one or two. Regardless it looks like you're going to be as comfortable with acrylics as you are with watercolor. I'm looking forward to seeing your work in about a year.

I know most people can't think ahead that far but my guess is that you'll be quite pleased with what your work looks like a year from now.

I like both. I'm intrigued by your dipper. Ours is a plain dark graphite color. Wonderful behavior to watch, but a very bland bird compared to yours.

I think this is a great start of the new year... And lovely to have some new colors! I always enjoy starting on brand new colors... ;)

As I said on the other thread, I think acrylics might suit you. If you find you enjoy it enough it's worth spending a bit more on some quality paints and decent brushes.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back