• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Essetti Bird Sketches in Tunisia (1 Viewer)

Here the full version of the Godwits

I like sketching waterbirds and particularly waders. The Avocets and Stilts are one of my favorites. We have thounsends of them here mainly in winter and it is really lice to see them in groups.

I discovered the monotype techniques recently and I tried a group of Avocets. I really enjoyed the technique but I'm not very productive because my work on studying bird in the field which didn't give me enough time to sketch and paint. This forum and mainly this wildlife art thread gave me another challenge to go ahead on sketching and painting wildlife. So I'll post further some of my old art work and expect new ones in the following weeks.

I had the habit to visit weekly a pond in the north part of Tunis City with an english friend of mine, a teacher of english here and very keen birdwatcher. This pond was very rich with birds...Marbled teal, White-headed ducks, Purple gallinule, Herons, Acrocephalus warbler breeding.... While birdwatching this juvenile Swallow came and sat on a bank near the water. I had enough time to get these sketches. Since that time the pond desappeared due to pollution and epuration activity. It was really loss of very nice birdwatching site !

Attachments

• Godwits Séjoumi  2.jpg
    Godwits Séjoumi 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Avocette.JPG
    Avocette.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Avocet Monotype 1.JPG
    Avocet Monotype 1.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Hirondelle- Khiareddine.JPG
    Hirondelle- Khiareddine.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 101
such vibrant energetic work - I'm very glad to see these (and I think I can speak for all of us here that we're all glad to see these!) and I'm looking forward to seeing more, and more. It's a shame that the site has been lost due to man's activity.

such vibrant energetic work - I'm very glad to see these (and I think I can speak for all of us here that we're all glad to see these!) and I'm looking forward to seeing more, and more. It's a shame that the site has been lost due to man's activity.

You're certainly speaking for me there Nick.

Mike

Thanks Nick for you nice comments, I'm vey happy to be here in this wildlife art thread with very talented artist and hope to learn more from all of you

Woody and SilitaryVsong you are welcome

Thanks Arthus Bishop, I visited already some pages of your gallery, very vibrant and lively paintings and I will retrurn to the gallery later to see more

Amazing to me to think that the avocets, godwits and swallows that you are painting in Tunisia could be the same ones that I'd been painting here in the South East of England!

Mike

Amazing to me to think that the avocets, godwits and swallows that you are painting in Tunisia could be the same ones that I'd been painting here in the South East of England!

Mike

and apart from the swallows, could be the same ones that seem to deliberately avoid Franche-Comté.

Wow! That was quick! (Just realised you have 2 threads running!:-C)

I really really like these. Pure observation and truth, delivered from Nature through you. Please post as many as you can. Your work is tremendous. :t:

Thanks JMTB I'll post more for sure

Thanks also Pascalis

Nick for sure the bird some of the birds you painted could be the same idividuals wintering here or in passage during migration

Nice comments Phil baber thanks

Lapwings are one of my favorites colorful birds. Hundred wintering here around wetlands and marshy meadows. I got these lapwings during a windy day from the car window. Impressive bird with the crest leaning with the wind, somtimes more then thounsand birs in the same field

Attachments

• Vanneau Croquis 1.JPG
    Vanneau Croquis 1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Vanneau Sketches 2.JPG
    Vanneau Sketches 2.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 72
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back