• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (1 Viewer)

You are all so kind to me!
Thank you !
Back from the park once again but this time I brought an other Tawny, a reddish one with me ..
Because we had an extremely cold morning today, and wasn`t possible to use my watercolours I thought that coloured pencils could be ideal at these conditions, though not bright enough..

Attachments

• Tawny-owl-reddish.jpg
    Tawny-owl-reddish.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 139
Mr Bic pen you are now Mr Coloured Pencil :t: Outstanding work please dont leave it so long before you post again. Soon as your thread appears near the top I cant wait to open it to what magic you have conjured up :t:

As mentioned elsewhere, the coloured pencil piece is wonderful. Really like this medium when it's well executed, this is as good as it gets and shows just how good they(and you my friend) are...

Wonderful compositions. I also love the earthy color palette. I've never painted owls before because I regarded them as very difficult to do them justice. You've inspired me to give it a try. Keep up the great work!

Such consistently high quality - the way you see light and form is amazing, but how you then manage to sculpt and mould the form of the bird (and it's surrounds) using colour and tone is nothing short of breath-taking. Outrageously good . . .

You are all so kind to me!
Thank you !
Back from the park once again but this time I brought an other Tawny, a reddish one with me ..
Because we had an extremely cold morning today, and wasn`t possible to use my watercolours I thought that coloured pencils could be ideal at these conditions, though not bright enough..

I love this and the muted color and soft pencil texture only enhance the mood and light .....magical

Thank you all so much!
I managed to visit our zoo today morning, hoping to get few proper fishing cat studies
but at least I came back with a young male lion instead...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Young-male-lion.jpg
    Young-male-lion.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 75
I've been away from the forum for a number of months, but back now and going through the threads I've missed. I'm at a loss to find any more superlatives than have already been used here - it is a privilege and inspiration to see your work!

Thank you all!
Back in the zoo yesterday, hoping to invest my time studying a very attractive feline species, the Fishing cat, a newcomer to the zoo..It wasn`t easy at all, maybe the most difficult modell I`ve ever had, I experienced many frustrating moments, but finally I did finish something ... Attached few of the failed attempts, and the finished sketch..It`s not my best one but at least it is something!

Paschalis

Attachments

• Fishing-cat.jpg
    Fishing-cat.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Fishing-cat.jpg2.jpg
    Fishing-cat.jpg2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Fishing-cat.jpg3.jpg
    Fishing-cat.jpg3.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Fishing-cat.jpg4.jpg
    Fishing-cat.jpg4.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Fishing-cat.jpg5.jpg
    Fishing-cat.jpg5.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back