• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First attempt at Drawing and Painting Birds (1 Viewer)

I love this picture- its got so much energy and the tones and coulors work perfectly. I have the same problems getting the birds looking right- detail isn't neccessary to get them right - we just need to look more carefully! Good job it isn't watercolour :'D

Well done Zac - agree that the position of the wings needs adjusting slightly but love the overall effect of the sea and the colours...great work.

Cheers :)
Chris

From an hour in Rossall, Fleetwood this moring.

I will post a painting of the eider and the changes to the alby at some point this weekend, hopefully tonight when i've finished the eider

Attachments

• img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 111
Here we go everyone...ive actually posted more than one pic with only the gap of one day rather than the previous gap of 3 weeks!
Im making up a small portfolio for my College Applications including photo's so you should expect a few over the next 2 weeks!

Attachments

• IMG_5424.JPG
    IMG_5424.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5425.JPG
    IMG_5425.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 83
  • Eider002.jpg
    Eider002.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 137
Here we go everyone...ive actually posted more than one pic with only the gap of one day rather than the previous gap of 3 weeks!
Im making up a small portfolio for my College Applications including photo's so you should expect a few over the next 2 weeks!

Hi Zac, nice to see your still at it! Eider are lovely, the field sketch is really well seen and executed and the colour work is lovely, thanks for posting...

I get a feeling you're going to have a surge in successful painting if you keep this standard up, the light is stunningly good!

Heres the edited version...i didnt really do much! but hey! I am in a form of self glory with my Eider Painting...I seem to dread doing water but all my paintings are to do with water generally.

Attachments

• alby003.jpg
    alby003.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 141
I don't see why you should dread doing water, you do it very successfully here, the more you worry about water, the harder it is, remember it's just an abstrat mass of colours and tones and changes constantly, so there is no right or wrong.

hi Zac

Lovely paintings, and as for the water it looks super from here. o:)

Keep that standard up, and enjoy what you are doing. :t:

This is the first time I have replied to this thread, having been sitting back in silenced awe for far too long. The progress you have made throughout the thread is astounding - some great field sketches. Keep up the painting and drawing. You are an inspiration to us all to get out and draw.

And happy birthday as well.

Hi Zac, sorry hav'nt been around for a while, Happy birthday for the other
day and nice to see your still producing the goods. Don't be phased
by water. The secret there is to just keep doing more water and as has
been said befor you don't seem to have a prob with it really.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back