• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zion National Park, Utah (1 Viewer)

Red_Shoulder

Here's a few more from Zion. Thanks in advance

Mike

IMG_4276.JPG
Are any of these non-ruby throated?
IMG_4217.JPG
This looked like a different chickadee than we get here, not sure if it shows up in the photo , though :/
IMG_4302.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

#1 and #4 look like Yellow Warblers.
Passing on the hummers.
On #3 - the candidates are Black-capped and Mountain Chickadee, but it's tough to be certain from this angle.
#5 Western Tanager, female

BTW, you might want to try posting higher resolution pics that expand more when you click on the thumbnails. It could make for easier IDs in some cases.

#1 and #4 look like Yellow Warblers.
Passing on the hummers.
On #3 - the candidates are Black-capped and Mountain Chickadee, but it's tough to be certain from this angle.
#5 Western Tanager, female

BTW, you might want to try posting higher resolution pics that expand more when you click on the thumbnails. It could make for easier IDs in some cases.

I agree, but will add that in Utah none of the hummers is likely to be a Ruby-throat. From what I can see, all might be Black-chinned Hummingbirds.

Thanks for the ID's Randy, I'd like to have better photos, but it's hard to get close to the birds, and I can't really buy a 500mm right now. Plus I don't want to carry the weight.

I try to take several, hoping for a favorable angle that will allow an id. And theres some really skilled people here. ;)

Thanks rkj, you're right! They looked like ruby throated , and I should have looked them up. That's good, new bird! Only had rufous and ruby throated id'd.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back