• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need To ID this as a Egyptian Goose (1 Viewer)

adubin

Can somebody validate that this is a Egyptian Goose. It was located in East Coast of Central Florida in a Wetland area. I understand this is a rare bird for this area. Thanks ADubin

Attachments

• DSC_0043-43.jpg
    DSC_0043-43.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 278
Just wanted to update this thread and report that South Florida now has quite a few of these Egyptian Geese. Reports of "at least 40" were reported on one golf course alone! Looks like however they made it here, they intend to stay.

Attachments

• IMG_2916 (2).jpg
    IMG_2916 (2).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 174
Just wanted to update this thread and report that South Florida now has quite a few of these Egyptian Geese. Reports of "at least 40" were reported on one golf course alone! Looks like however they made it here, they intend to stay.

Egyptian Goose complete with Muscovy Duck for company. They will no doubt quickly colonise Florida if this number of birds have been released. Is Egyptian Goose on the USA species list? If so, is it in a category for introduced species as here in Britain?

CB

I’d invite all American goose hunters to get rid of these nasty beasts... but that’s my personal opinion. They are yet another Starling, House Sparrow, Collared Dove etc.

Xenospiza,

We should stop introduced alien animals (and plants), I agree with that, but I think birders should never encourage or support any kind of shooting.

Those bird didn't ask to travel so far and don't deserve death penalty.

I guess if we want to discuss about that, we have to move in "conservation".
:)

Good night

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back