• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Considered EO Ranger ED, Vortex Viper, and Zeiss Conquest 10x42 (1 Viewer)

ZDHart

United States
First I ordered the Eagle Optics Ranger ED 10x42 and they turned out to be a great pair of binos.

But I wanted to see what a step up would bring me, so I ordered a pair of Vortex Viper HD 10x42. They were nice and a very slight step up... but not as much of a bump as I wanted to have.

SO... I ordered a pair of Zeiss Conquest HD 10X42. All I can say is WOW. These definitely do offer a noticeable step-up from the Vortex Viper in terms of brightness, three dimensionality, and overall visual impact. There is an almost indescribable improvement in visual impact/image quality from the 10x42 Vipers to the 10x42 Zeiss Conquest HD binos.

Without doubt, my EO Ranger ED and Vortex Viper HD 10x42's are headed back to the mother ship and I am keeping the Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42's.

Amazing binos, in spite of having sort-of-sucky objective and ocular lens covers. I will happily deal with the funky ocular and objective covers to be able to experience the spectacular imaging offered by the Conquest HD 10x42.

I find the operation of the ocular eye pieces to be a bit wonky as well (as compared to the Vipers) but again, the difference in visual impact/IQ more than makes up for the difference in operation of the eye cups. I use these binos without eyeglasses, therefore I adjust the eye cups to be at full extension.

Zeiss Conquest simply ROCKS!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back