• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Foggy but good weekend in NE Scotland. (1 Viewer)

T. Keith Bruce

Keen Photographer and Bird Novice.
Despite poor foggy weather I managed to get a few firsts notched up this weekend . I don't go anywhere in particular as I like to just to drive around the farm and country roads in the area looking to see what I can find. Apart from the 'normal' birds I managed to capture a pair of barn owls out daytime hunting, a leucistic starling, great crested grebe, coot, wren and tufted duck. Other observations consisted of Shelducks, many buzzards, kestrels, herons, widgeon, goldeneye, lapwings, canada geese by the hundreds and tens of red legged partridges along with the lovely but daft pheasant. Photographically it was also poor, probably down to my over-extending a large lens in poor light, but hey! what the hell, I enjoyed myself. There's a few pics of my new finds attached.....enjoy.
Majorca next w/e for the easter so hopefully I'll be back with loads of new birds, just hope I can find a book over there to id all of them.
Hope you all had as good a weekend as I did.

Keith Bruce

Attachments

• IMGP3834_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP3834_edited-1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMGP3848_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP3848_edited-1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMGP3855_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP3855_edited-1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMGP3877_edited-1.jpg
    IMGP3877_edited-1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMGP3662sml.jpg
    IMGP3662sml.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 106
Sounds like a good day out...and the photos are fine! Not as if you are trying to id some weird warbler from them LOL

Have fun in Majorca and make sure you get time out from the family (if they are with you!) to go birding....can't imagine ANYTHING more boring than lying on a beach all day...unless it's to watch solitary hunting wasps like Fabre used to LOL

GILL

Thanks Gill, luckily both children have flown the coop and its just the good lady and myself going and she also likes birdwatching, therefore, no lying on the beach for us, thank God. Eating, birding and pubbing will be the order of each and every day in nothing but a pair of shorts (well me anyway!) with bins and cameras round our necks. Bliss.
Thank you for taking the time to reply to the post.
Hope you have a nice Easter.

Keith

Enjoy Majorca...birding,eating,drinking B :)

I gather there are some interesting birds there.
Do you know what to expect if not ask under the Information wanted section we have a number of members from Espana! I'm sure they would help!!

Looked a bit windy or were the Tufties having a bad hair day!!! ;)

Last edited:
Love the photos. I am trying and failing to take some digi photos just now. I could do with seeing barn owl for the year and because they are just superb! Well done on them.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back