• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon SE (1 Viewer)

dries1

Can anyone definitively provide info that states that the eye piece of the SE 8X32 is the same or not as the SE 12X50. I seem to recall that a statement was made somewhere that is was.

Andy W.

Can anyone definitively provide info that states that the eye piece of the SE 8X32 is the same or not as the SE 12X50. I seem to recall that a statement was made somewhere that is was.

Andy W.

See
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/158078-nikon-12x50-se/
and then scroll down a bit to see the photo of all 3 models.

I remember being told only the objectives were different among the three SE models.

Last edited:
Pileatus,

I have all three and a couple of extras. Thanks for the thread, reminds me of when the SE was a hot item, esp on Cloudy Nights. I am still looking for any technical data that confirms the eye piece.

Andy W.

The eyepieces are identical as they often are in this kind of model series, but you can easily confirm that since you have all three. The left eyepiece screws off easily once you loosen the grub screw visible on the side of the eyepiece after the rubber eyecup is removed. Just switch them around.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back