• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Report images in the Gallery with the wrong scientific name (3 Viewers)

Last edited:
LOL regarding the graceful prinia, Prinia gracilis, forgot to say that, images with black colored bills are for males in the breeding season, while the female have pink colored bills all the year.

Hi Alan

Done the first one, but am struggling to work out what is wrong with the Plain-breasted - unless someone has already done it?:stuck:

D

I did it! :t:

I think you must have done the other when I was doing it as that was already done!

OK thanks Ian, that explains it.

All done now:t:

And that's only the start... All Greater Flamingos from Europe, Africa and Asia should be renamed as roseus, pictures from the Carribean (including Florida and southern USA) are ruber. Maybe someone finds the time to do it (there are around 200 images..;))

André

Oooer:eek!:.... ummm... well made a start!

D

This should now all be Phoenicopterus roseus

And that's only the start... All Greater Flamingos from Europe, Africa and Asia should be renamed as roseus, pictures from the Carribean (including Florida and southern USA) are ruber. Maybe someone finds the time to do it (there are around 200 images..;))

André

All done now André

D

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back