• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Garden Bird Watch (1 Viewer)

Nightranger

Senior Moment
In the tradition of bringing everything forward far too early (well, Christmas at least) her is a pre-warning that Big Garden Bird Watch is due sometime in January. If you have taken part before, you will receive notification in due course but if you have not (why? ;) ) then watch the RSPB website and the media. If you have any problems getting info, then please PM me and I will gladly sort something out. We are hoping for 1/2 million participants this year so please pass this on and remember, even negative results are useful.

Also, a quick reminder for all you day listers to log your sightings with Birdtrack on the BTO site. I have not explored this thoroughly yet but it looks an interesting way to get involved.

Ian

Ian Peters said:
In the tradition of bringing everything forward far too early (well, Christmas at least) here is a pre-warning that Big Garden Bird Watch is due sometime in January.

Ian

I now understand this is scheduled for the weekend of the 29th-30th January.

Ian

I'm looking forward to it because last year I counted only 5 house sparrows and they seem to have done well this year so far, the count will show whether I have been deluding myself, hope not.

Mick

I started off doing the garden bird watch, thoroughly enjoyed myself, and shall continue to do so.

I have also started sending info off to Birdtrack. This is an excellent way for me to maintain interest whilst watching the same site continually. I am also enjoying seeing how the site develops over the year.

Can I also recommend the BTO Garden Bird Watch. This is a weekly count of birds in the garden. I submit my entries online.

Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back