• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Night's again (1 Viewer)

charlierocky

As the title suggests, I was on nights last week. As I entered the site I drove around the perimeter which takes me past the roosting site of the little owl. I am pleased to say that he/she was there most night's and was not at all botherd about me as I drove by in my car. Contrast that to approaching on foot and you would not get anywhere near it before it scoots off into the eves of the building.
The Peregrines are still knocking about also,although I don't always see them every day now. I must assume that they now wander over a much greater field and return on occasion. Some times during the night I can actually see them perched high up on the tower, especially if the moon shines on there light colored chest.
On my last night I finished work at 0600 Wednseday, and decided to go a wander up the hills around Tatenhill and Dunstall to see if I could get a photograph of a Buzzard. I was'nt disapointed.

Attachments

• DSCN6126.jpg
    DSCN6126.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN6144.jpg
    DSCN6144.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN6146.jpg
    DSCN6146.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN6152.jpg
    DSCN6152.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 17
Lovely pics Charlie, especially the moon shot. Good to have the nights over with I should think; I used to hate them.

All the best.
Baz.

Great pictures Charlie:t: Also good to hear the Peregrines are still OK!

One bonus of night work Charlie, you can get some very atmospheric early morning pics!

Thanks for sharing them!

Beautiful pics Charlie. I frequently see Buzzards around here, but they are never still for long enough to get the camera pointed, let alone take the pic! That one of the moon is truly spectacular. All through the last 10 or so nights, the moon has been shining into our bedroom window at various times and has made it look almost like daylight outside. Does not quite cause the problem that we had on holiday of the Midnight Sun!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back