• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feisol ct 3342 or ct3372 (1 Viewer)

squidge

Wha Whassssat
Hi, on the look out for a tripod for photography. I have narrowed it down to these two tripods. Has anyone experience of either of these two tripods or even better compared the two. Also with or without centre column?

Regards Gerard.

Hi, on the look out for a tripod for photography. I have narrowed it down to these two tripods. Has anyone experience of either of these two tripods or even better compared the two. Also with or without centre column?

Regards Gerard.

I have got the 3342 bought it just over 12 months ago, and can only sing its praises ie sturdy, not too heavy, and ease of use, etc, for the money a bargain quality product, I have used it with a 7d and canon 400mm 5.6 for which it is a perfect match, however that's its limit, for my canon 500mm f4 its a step too far. Tony c

Thanks for the reply Tony. I seem to be edging towards the 3372 as it does seem the better of the two.

Regards Gerard.

I have used a CT3342 with my 300 F2.8 and was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled it especially as it is so light. However if you intend to use mainly long lenses/shoot in adverse conditions then I would go for the 3372.
For longer lenses I wouldn't bother with a center column. I use Gitzo tripos and use the ones with center columns for landscape work, the Systematics (no center column) are more rigid for a given weight/leg diameter and therefore better for long lenses.

Hi Gerard

I got the CT-3372 about 6 months ago to use with a new Swaro ATX-95 & have found it to be brilliant. Apart from other folks recommendations on BF, I wanted a tripod I could use without a central column (for the extra rigidity) & found that despite being 6ft 2inch tall (sorry - not metric!) with an angled scope I haven't got close to taking this tripod to its' max height.

Also was amazed that for it's degree of stability how light it is. I've been using it with the Manfrotto RC-128 head from my old tripod which has worked well too. So, can't praise it enough & what good value I think it is compared to some of the more trendy/better advertised brands.

Chris A.

Thanks for the replies, it looks like I'll go for the 3372 without the centre column as others have pointed out that it's tall enough (I'm 5'10") plus the extra stabilisation.

Regards Gerard.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back