• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dragonfly ID please? (1 Viewer)

SADLERC1

Hi, would be great if someone could identify this dragonfly for me please?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Regs,
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_6483.jpg
    IMG_6483.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 61
John, thanks very much. Was very fortunate, chased it down a hedgerow for a bit and it decided to spend quite some time chomping on some blackberries. Very compliant - for a change!

Jim, you may have exposed a gaping flaw in my assumption as your suggestion sounds far more likely! Thanks for the correction. Best wishes.

I've found this an excellent time of the year for seeing Southern Hawkers down here in Cornwall. Last year one of them landed on my leg and started ovipositing while I was stood in the water skimming the weeds off the top of our garden pond.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back