• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Missouri- I'll post tonight (1 Viewer)

I'm about to go to my birding class this afternoon- I'm sitting here in study hall right now- I'll post the birds I see- Hopefully more warblers- later on tonight.

Cheers,

Chris

Birding

I'm in a Birding Enrichment class that meets for an hour and a half in the later part of the afternoon on wed. and thurs. I'm the only serious birder, besides my teacher who has taught Ornithology for many years at Principia College in Illinois.

Today was very windy, and we saw the usual eastern birds.... Also saw a small flock of Ruby Crowned Kinglets, which are migrating through here, as well as some white crowned sparrows.

Hi Chris,

"Birding Enrichment class" . . . must say, the teacher sure likes giving it a fancy name!

Shame about the wind - windy days are always poor for birding, unless you're looking for seabirds. Not many of them in Missouri, I guess! Small birds tend to get down into dense cover for shelter, and that makes 'em hard to find :-C

Michael

I went out to Thousand Hills State Park in northern Missouri yesterday....but with the wind the only birds I was able to see were a few turkey vultures, two belted kingfishers and four or five gulls that were too far out in the lake for positive identification (probably herring or ring-billed). Today we're going to Swan Lake NWR in west-central MO just for something to do...get out of town, mostly. Hopefully I'll have a little better luck despite the abnormally high temperatures expected.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back