• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In search of the Yellow-billed Magpie (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone, I was looking to get a tip or ten on some spots to catch a look at some Yellow-billed Magpies. I know they have a small range in CA but I'm looking to narrow it done to a couple good starting points. I look forward to any suggestions that might help me find them.

Thank you & Cheers! B :)

Mines Road out of the Livermore/Pleasanton valley towards Mt. Hamilton might prove productive and give you the opportunity to see Phainopepla as well.
http://10000birds.com/make-mine-mines-road.htm

There are several areas near Pleasanton where you can find them, including Sunol Regional Park, just off HWY 680, and Callippe Preserve (see attached PDF foldout).

Attachments

• CallippeTrail.pdf
    651.6 KB · Views: 514
Ugh these guys are a pain. I hope you find them. Can hardly count number of trips on one hand that I've taken up north to guaranteed regions, sometimes where they are supposedly the most common corvid, and not seen them.

I had two at a Rest stop right before Paseo Robles last weekend. Was pretty surprised, I normally have to get up near Auburn to find the dang things.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back