• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's the strangest nesting places you have seen? (1 Viewer)

Robina

We have a blackbird family nesting in our cement mixer. Luckily it's not being used at this time.

Also in an old caravan of ours a family of Robins have built in one of the cupboards, I left open.

I don't go near any of the nests, just watch from afar. The safest way I think!

Robina

Amazing birds. I never ceased to be amazed at what our feathered friends get up to. So far (touchwood) there hasn't been any fatalities. Have covered up the water butts just incase, as there are many young just starting to fly.

Isn't Spring a lovely time of the year.

Robina

i was in my car driving when i saw a house sparrow fly into this black sac-like thing surrounding power lines. fried eggs anyone?

there was a story on the local news a few weeks ago abotu a blue tit that was nesting in one of the special ash trays installed in cardiff for the smoking ban. theres also a thread on here at the moment about a wren thats nesting in a members car!

A pair of House Finches decided to build a nest on the handle to one of the holding aviaries for recovering shorebirds. Good thing the baby killdeer are too little for the outdoor aviary.

Somehow a robin built a nest somewhere in the engine compartment of a car, and was driven around for quite a few days until the owner lifted the bonnet for something. The robin flew out and the nest was spotted. Typical robin!!

I don't have my garage door open often,but every time I did,a bird was going in last spring.
I couldn't make out what it was or where he was going for a couple of weeks.Until one afternoon the door was open and I came out from the house and spotted him on a top shelf in a half completed nest in one of my whooly snow boots.An instantly recognized as a Carolina Wren.Well known for there odd nest site choices,I wasn't surprised.
But then he wouldn't leave.And kept giving me that scolding call they are know for.So I left him alone and waited for him to go look for more nest supplies.And then I closed the door.
But I saw him hanging around the front yard for a good 2 weeks after that.
Very determined, they are.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back