• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

When did we start? (1 Viewer)

Josef

Hello,

I've never introduced myself but have been a BirdForum member for about 10 years. I caught the digiscoping bug back then and have been fairly active in that area, I have always used a small digital camera mounted to a scope with a home made adapter.

Main reason I'm writing is to find out when BirdForum started and who might have been some of its first members? I've done a google search without much luck.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi ya Joe ;)

We started back in 2002. I was the 243rd member to join. You were the 9499th member. So you were definitely in the first 10 % of the membership we have now ;)

Now here's a little trick. If you hold the cursor over someone's name and then look all the way to the bottom of your screen, it will tell you the member number someone is ;)

Hi Joe... gosh that must be some kind of record:-O Hope you're enjoying yourself here.

I know it's possible to get the information you want - there was another thread covering this a few years ago. I'll go have a look to see if I can find it (but there's others cleverer than me who'll no doubt get there first LOL)

EDIT: there I knew that would happen LOL.

Hello Joe, can't quite say welcome - since you have been a member longer than I.

Wow, thanks again for your replys. Steve's history sure was interesting, through the years I've always felt this is a special site and this look back was a verification.

I had an incident early on and Mr. Brights assistance was incredible, no problems since and I must offer graditude to all the moderators for their outstanding work.

Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back