• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Experience new birding (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry.................how am I inviting speculation ????????

It's not that we need much invitation ;) but obviously any cryptic statement by a Zeiss insider invites for more speculation.

But if you don't want us to speculate, please tell us: how large will be the FOV of these 8x32 SF? B :)

And this is why you hardly ever see me on birdforum anymore.

Because everytime I post on here someone puts 2 and 2 together to make 5 and disects and tries to put a different meaning to every word I say.

I give up !!!!!!!!

Because everytime I post on here someone puts 2 and 2 together to make 5 and disects and tries to put a different meaning to every word I say.

I give up !!!!!!!!

Calm down mr. Gary and follow the good example of Mr. Jensen at the other side of the ocean: you don't have to give anything away and if you sincerely don't know anything while some keep on fishing, remain calm and zen. You are a representative from Zeiss, keep up their good reputation ;)

I suppose in twenty years we will all have forgotten who did it first, but there is no question that the SF models represent Zeiss recognition that the birding market has spoken and the Swarovski SV concept has won the day. The way to compete in the premium birding binocular market now is to make a "better" SV. The SF seems to be consciously designed to address a few areas of complaint about the SV, like the focuser and the distortion characteristics, and to throw in some goodies of its own, like wider fields. I guess we'll soon find out if they have succeeded.

the extremely wide fields looks like Sci-Fi to me,
I guess magnification will be a bit below 8/10 ?

and will the transmission curve be as flat as nikon/swaro?

Zeiss still seem to be using the good old T* coatings,

I give up !!!!!!!!

Ah relax, Gary. 'Tis a ship-o'-fools we be on here. 150-odd posts speculating about binos that none have seen yet. They're only binoculars, and we can't seem to find much better things to do with our time. Either way, it's all good for Zeiss, more chat means more exposure.

I give up !!!!!!!!

Hi Gary

Its always good to see you on BF. Everyone knows that there is stuff you cannot reveal so nobody will be surprised if you respond from time to time with a phrase like 'you won't be surprised to hear that I can't comment on that'.

And we are all eager for more news on exciting new products so we do get over-excited ourselves sometimes. But everyone hear respects what you and Mark and Mike have to say.

Lee

the extremely wide fields looks like Sci-Fi to me,
I guess magnification will be a bit below 8/10 ?

and will the transmission curve be as flat as nikon/swaro?

Zeiss still seem to be using the good old T* coatings,

Hi VB

Well its an interesting question as to how much good old T* might have been upgraded or tuned or modified over the years.

I have no information on this but it would be surprising if it was still the same as the T* on my old Dialyt 10x40 BGAs.

Lee

Yes, I imagine that's not easy. But that's how BF (and other forums) works... Hope you can stand it and continue to contribute. You are one of not many here with real knowledge about binoculars.

Hi VB

Well its an interesting question as to how much good old T* might have been upgraded or tuned or modified over the years.

I have no information on this but it would be surprising if it was still the same as the T* on my old Dialyt 10x40 BGAs.

Lee

hopefully it has, but I haven't seen any transmission curve on the HT:s,
just from the FL:s and we know how they look like,

Gary,

Even though you have disappeared again, it's good to know you are alive and kicking.

You just need to appear at a time when Zeiss is not introducing a new model--difficult as that might be.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back