Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Canon 7D MkIII ....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Old Thursday 5th March 2020, 11:03   #126
Dave Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosun Juan View Post
Well, the big brother 1DX III has arrived with still nary a whisper still of a sibling 7D III. The good news is that Canon has had a real go with the 1DX III with plenty of tech and plenty of room to transfer a stack of goodies to a 7D III.

The big news of course is that half the world is on the verge of shutting down because of COVID-19. Canon has already shut down 5 factories because of supply issues.
https://m.dpreview.com/articles/8598...photo-industry

With no production could this actually represent an opportunity for the backroom propeller heads to get in there and smash out a 7D III rather than sitting there twiddling their thumbs ...... ?

Chosun
More crap here. You expect a Rolls Royce for the price of a Ford, have no idea about Canon's marketing and development strategy and are stupid enough to think that their workforce sit around doing nothing making light of what is possibly a worldwide disaster.
Old Thursday 5th March 2020, 12:50   #127
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
More crap here. You expect a Rolls Royce for the price of a Ford, have no idea about Canon's marketing and development strategy and are stupid enough to think that their workforce sit around doing nothing making light of what is possibly a worldwide disaster.
Your judgements according to you.
Circa $1.6K -$2K is a pretty pricey Ford !
There's plenty of room there to give me, my several 7D II owning friends, and anyone else interested, a 7D III that will trump a Nikon D500 and still not go anywhere near treading on the toes of the 1DX III.
Just because Canon has a marketing and development strategy doesn't mean it's a good one (predicted halving of the camera business).
Have you ever run the Country Operations of a Japanese Multinational Consumer Electronics company? - you'd be surprised what I have an idea of .... I know exactly what their workforce would be up to.
Did you read the article I posted before taking to your keyboard? I was not at all "making light of what is possibly a worldwide disaster" - that is purely your comprehension based on your interpretation of what I said.
I was merely suggesting that there could be opportunities in the current crisis as well as forced issues to deal with brought on by externalities.

Chosun

BF Supporter 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 15th April 2020, 18:05   #128
Bafty

Possible mirrorless replacement for the 7DII coming....EOS R7

https://www.camera-rumors.com/canon-...21/#more-12184
Old Tuesday 21st April 2020, 06:35   #129
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafty View Post
Possible mirrorless replacement for the 7DII coming....EOS R7

https://www.camera-rumors.com/canon-...21/#more-12184
Funny that this rumour isn't showing up on Canon rumours that I can see. With this C-19 economic fallout all bets might be off.

Even though the market space (and how !) and watered down technology from the 1DX III readily exists for a 7D III, you'd have to now wonder whether it will ever get off the ground ???

I also wonder the same about an R7 (though perhaps that has moved to better than even money ?) The R5 when it arrives, can be thought of as a ~17.5MP Mirrorless 7D anyway.

Prior to this C-19 disruption, CaNikon were firmly running a DSLR/ Mirrorless tandem development program. It seems that there are enough diehard OVF users to ensure some ongoing DSLR's, and that they possibly have the AF edge for now (at least for CaNikon). Now - who knows ? The Mirrorless products certainly have an underlying cost structure advantage.

Perhaps we will still see DSLR development though it doesn't look promising for anything unannounced, for the rest of this year at least .....

If an R7 does come along we can only hope that it will be at a fully professional level. I think it still means using adapted glass though as the 100-500 f4.5-7.1 rumored seems more consumer orientated - if a handy lighter weight rig.

I also disagree with the rumour linked regarding the EOS-M. It seems quite a popular format in parts of Asia at least, and Canon are continuing release of lenses /models. With it's smaller form factor, I can't see it being replaced by any APS-C R range. Instead I see them coexisting (if indeed an R7 etc materializes).

The industry was already facing massive pressures - just anecdotally I fairly regularly walk past a large photography equipment retailer - lately I haven't seen one single customer in there .......

Chosun

BF Supporter 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: